Besides various services offered by RMS, Preservation is one of the primary services offered by RMS to its Customers in Oil &Gas, Power, Petrochemical & Water treatment Plant industry. The services are performed under the control and supervision of a Preservation Management Team (PMT) comprising of customer representatives.
RMS’s ensures the presence of the Preservation personnel to provide permanent cover during all the duration of the CONTRACT for dealing with emergencies and critical events in the operation or performance of the equipment/facilities.
RMS has all the necessary Preservation Management systems in place as below
- Management, Supervision and Administration of the services
- Development, Co-ordination, Organisation and Management of all interfaces with Client and all the stake holders
- Implement contractor IT programs together with company it systems to manage the services
- Regular detailed reporting and performance forecasting
- Cost Control and Reporting of the services
- Health Safety and Environmental Management
- Quality Assurance and Quality Control management
- HR Management, Training and Competency
- Management of all Subcontractors
- Procurement of all necessary Materials, and Equipment for the performance of the services
RMS has experience and understanding of the specific requirements on Preservation of storing and maintaining under proper conditions till the installation and commissioning. RMS has complete knowhow to preserve expensive long lead materials and equipment like rotary and static equipment, Pipes, Fittings, Compressors, Valves, etc. Experienced group of RMS preservation specialists provide the best solutions to protect and preserve all kinds of equipment and materials. RMS also carries out preservation of Long pipelines with Nitrogen purging till they are put in service.
All the test equipment deployed by RMS on the project are inspected and calibrated for accuracy by a competent person before use. Such tests shall be supported with test verification documentation acceptable to RoK authorities.
Although deterioration is a natural process and cannot be stopped entirely; it can only be slowed down thereby increasing the overall life time and thereby considerably saving the costs over the life cycle of the project. RMS emphasizes on preventive care, the measures that reduce or prevent deterioration. Conservation treatment to repair damage caused by deterioration can be costly and is beyond the financial resources available in many situations. Preventive care, however, is a realistic goal. For example, the safe storage and handling of items offered by RMS are easily accomplished and are relatively inexpensive.
RMS understands and is experienced to offer various preservation services in ROK where the weather conditions are extreme in terms of levels of temperature, air quality, light and where the relative humidity promotes the deterioration very fast. Being familiar with the causes of deterioration/corrosion is the first step in slowing the process. Based on the types of requirements RMS implements the best ways to reduce deterioration by using the most suitable and economical method of preservation.
The Preservation services offered by RMS includes but are not limited to the following
- Use and application of Rust Preventives
- Treatment of piping connections
- Protection of Mechanical equipment
- Vapor phase inhibitors
- Stainless steel
- Rotating equipment
- Centrifugal pumps, Gear cases
- Centrifugal compressors and blowers
- Reciprocating pumps and compressors
- General protection of Electrical equipment
- Motors and Generators
- Switch gears, starters and control equipment
- Storage of batteries
- Protection of instrumentation
- Heat exchangers
- Pipe and fittings
- Fabricated pipes
RMS utilizes 100% client approved Vapor phase inhibitors, compatible Lubes with specific properties for each type of required preservation.